Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Final Countdown!

It's all happening! I leave cozy little Bellingham on Monday at 7am. From Bellingham I fly to Seattle, then from Seattle to Philly, where the whole group congregates for one day of Peace Corps orientation on the 26th. On the 27th, we bus from Philly to New York (JFK) at 2am, then hop on a plane to Jo-burg for a whopping 15 hour flight! From Jo-burg we then bus to sweet Swaziland, our destination and home for the next 2 years.

The last couple weeks has been a whirlwind of tying up my life in Bellingham. I had my last week at work last week, sold my truck, have been packing/prepping like crazy. I am focused on spending my time doing all the things I love this last week in Bellingham, so far: riding bikes out to Larrabe, running around Lake Padden, spending lots of time in the sun, going to all my favorite yoga classes, eating all my favorite foods, barbeque with my roomies, lovin on all my grrlfriends, spending as much time as possible in the sun, and my last hoorah! (going away party) this Saturday, are all in the lineup.

I thought I would have a final "freak out" before I leave, but so far I feel really good about everything. I'm super excited and feel pretty prepared- at least as much as you can be when you're taking a giant leap into the unknown. Letting go of Bellingham and my life here has been emotional, but mostly I'm overwhelmed by gratitude. I have so much love and support, from my grrl gang especially, and I know those connections will give me strength while I'm away.

I wanted to post contact info for everyone. My first three months in country will be spent in Pre-Service Training and I will have very limited access to phones or internet. However, after PST, I will have a better feel for what the best way to communicate is and will most likely be able to give you a better idea of my availability. So, here's the basics!

Friend me on Skype: emsa013

Email me: emsa13@yahoo.com

Check out my blog for updates: duh, you're already here

Send me care packages!

Emily Ashby, PCV
US Peace Corps
P.O. Box 2797
Mbabane, H100
Swaziland, Africa

Be sure to write AFRICA, I've heard that sometimes the mail gets sent to Switzerland because the postal codes are similar.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment