Thursday, August 23, 2012

WISH LIST


Mail and care packages are a BIG DEAL in Peace Corps life.

You can send me LOVE at this address, I get all my mail at the Peace Corps office. Be sure to emphasize AFRICA, so my package doesn’t end up in Switzerland. It happens. Also, I’ve heard flat rate boxes are the way to go, and don’t claim anything valuable, I don’t want my M&Ms raided! On average, it takes about 2-4 weeks to get packages.

                Emily Ashby
                c/o Peace Corps
                P.O. Box 2797
                Mbabane H100
                Swaziland, AFRICA

-Love Letters: write me and I promise to write you back!

-GOOD COFFEE: I can buy a French press here, but you simply can’t find good coffee. Dear god, send me some fucking coffee. Please. I also like the Starbucks VIA packets and I’m almost out of the ones I brought. The mocha ones are my fave, or the regular ones (breakfast blend? I don’t remember…).

-Peanut Butter M & Ms (really, any kind of m&ms are a blessing).

-Head bands/bandanas/dry shampoo (washing your hair in a bucket kinda sucks, plus it gets hot as hell here!)

-A hat! I like the garden style ones, and it needs to be able to roll up so that I can shove it in my bag and tote it around with me. Think practical, I need something that will protect me from the sun 

-Trader Joe’s trail mix. Serious withdrawals.

-Mexican seasonings/taco seasoning packets. There’s NO Mexican food here. At all. I daydream about Casa potato burritos all the time.

-Coloring books, crayons, and markers for playtime with the kiddos.

-Magazines: Bitch, Bust, Rolling Stone, Runner’s World, and any Yoga magazine!

Also, I have a Kindle with me and I’m reading a bunch so let me know if you have any good reading recommendations!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily! Glad you've made it through training. Knew you could do it! We miss you. Hope your permanent site turns out well.

    ReplyDelete